FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1
FBC Faith Family,
I left the church last night more encouraged and ready to take the gospel forward than ever before. What man meant for evil, God is currently using and will use for good. I believe that with every fiber of my soul.
Here are a few updates:
- This Sunday, we will have one unified worship service and take the Lord’s Supper in the Perry Street parking lot at 8:30am. This service will also be livestreamed to our website and social media sites.
- We will have some chairs set up, but I would encourage you to bring your own lawn chair to the Perry Street lot.
- There are several areas to park. I’d ask you to reserve the Perry Street parking lot for our senior adults and those with disabilities. We have the six-story municipal parking deck that is available on the corner of Scott and Lawrence Street, as well as the lots adjacent to the church. Greeters will assist in directing you to a good lot, if needed.
- Please do not park in the Scott Street parking lot, as this will be the staging area for ServePro and their cleanup efforts that will begin around the clock.
- We will not have any indoor activities on Sunday (no Bible Fellowship Groups, discipleship classes, choirs, etc…). I’m encouraging our Bible Fellowship Groups to meet offsite in homes, parks, or via Zoom to fellowship and encourage one another in the Lord at some point on Sunday.
- No restroom facilities will be available on Sunday.
As we meet with the different teams on Monday, we’ll have a better idea of a timeline for different programs and services to return. While the damage was mitigated, smoke and soot damage was heavy. ServePro is doing a fantastic job already in cleaning and restoring the church building back to functionality and safety, but this will be a process that will require patience and flexibility. But the gospel keeps going forward.
I cannot tell you how excited I am to worship with you this Sunday morning. I’m coming to celebrate and rejoice in the Lord’s goodness, faithfulness, grace, peace, hope, love, and forgiveness. I’m coming to sing alongside you and take this sacred reminder of God’s grace together. I’m coming to rejoice in the Lord always right next to you.
I am so deeply thankful for you. I’ve never been more honored to be your pastor in this season. We will continue taking the next right step of obedience each day.
I’ll see you Sunday on Perry Street!
God is good.
All the time.