I wanted to share a quick update regarding the expiration of Alabama’s mask mandate this Friday.
We have all been so thankful for the steady decline in cases and hospitalizations in the state and in the city these past few months. We have been through a dark season together and I believe we can all feel the heavy fog lifting around us and bright, beautiful sunlight emerging. I felt that this past Sunday on Easter. Thank you for your graciousness and care for one another. You have loved one another so well through this.
On Tuesday night, Montgomery adopted a mask extension for the city for the next 30 days. As a church, we will do our best to follow this ordinance for the next thirty days. After these thirty days, barring no large-scale increase in cases or hospitalizations, on Mother’s Day (May 9), we will still encourage masks, but no longer require them. While masks will not be required after this date, we will continue to keep every other pew marked off to help with social distancing in our sanctuary. These thirty days will also allow more time for those who wish to receive the vaccine.
Starting this Sunday, we will have a few new adjustments to our regathering:
1. Coffee will be available in the adult Bible Fellowship hallways, but not yet in the Welcome Center.
2. Temperatures will no longer be taken for all volunteers. Temperatures for only preschoolers will be taken at the preschool desk.
We will continue with the following:
1. Worship care will remain for 0-3 years of age at 8:30am. We are not yet offering worship care at 11am. Bible Fellowship Groups for all ages are available at 9:45am.
2. Every other pew will continue to be marked off to help with social distancing.
3. If you do not feel well, please remain home and enjoy the service online through the various online options (Facebook, Vimeo, Website, YouTube). Bible Fellowship Groups and Wednesday Prayer Meetings are available online as well.